holiday on the menu is a trading name for Go Travelling Ltd., a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales.
holiday on the menu accepts bookings subject to the following conditions:
1) Making a booking: To secure a booking holiday on the menu or their agent requires a completed and signed booking form together with a non-refundable deposit per person of 25% of the cost per person or full payment within 56 days of travel. Clients booking by telephone, facsimile, web or e-mail will be deemed to have read the booking conditions and accepted them. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when holiday on the menu has confirmed acceptance in writing and issued a Confirmation Invoice. It is at this point that a contract between holiday on the menu and the Client comes into existence. The contract is between holiday on the menu and the Client, (‘being all persons named on the booking form travelling or intending to travel with holiday on the menu’). The person signing the booking form (which incorporates these terms) warrants that he/she has full authority to do so on behalf of all persons whose names appear thereon, and confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
2) Payment: The balance of all monies due must be paid to holiday on the menu or their agent not later than 56 days before departure.
3) Changes to a booking: Any changes to the original booking must be confirmed in writing by the person signing the booking form and must be accompanied by an administration fee of £50 per booking in addition to the cost of any extra services required, unless the request is within 56 days of departure in which case cancellation fees will be applied as detailed in paragraph 5 below.
4) Substitution of Passengers: If any number of the party is prevented from travelling, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person, provided that written notice is given at least 30 days prior to departure. An administration fee of £50 will be levied plus any costs imposed by holiday on the menu’s suppliers. Airlines may impose 100% cancellation charges and the cost of a new ticket.
5) Cancellation Terms: The Client may cancel the booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to holiday on the menu in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day when written notice is completed and received by holiday on the menu:
|Period before departure within
||100% of total airline ticket|
|43 days or more
||Forfeit of deposit|
|42 - 30 days
||50% of total holiday price|
|29 - day of travel
||100% of total holiday price|
In addition to the above cancellation charges, the full insurance premium is also payable in the event of a cancellation by the Client. If the reason for cancellation is covered by the insurance policy, the client may be able to reclaim these charges.
6) Changes by Us: While holiday on the menu will use its best endeavours to operate the holiday on the menu holiday as advertised, by entering into this contract, the Client accepts that it may prove necessary or advisable to vary or modify the holiday contents due to prevailing local conditions. holiday on the menu reserves the right to cancel this holiday in any circumstances but, except for force majeure, will not cancel less than 56 days before departure. Upon cancellation of a holiday, holiday on the menu will return all monies paid or offer an alternative holiday of comparable standard. No compensation will be paid if cancellation is because of Force Majeure.
7) Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance is mandatory for all Clients whilst on an holiday on the menu holiday. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own travel insurance. A suitable insurance policy should provide adequate cover for medical expenses arising through illness or accident prior to or during the holiday and loss of holiday monies through cancellation and curtailment of the holiday for insurable reasons. holiday on the menu are able to assist Clients in obtaining a suitable insurance policy.
8) Passports, Visas and Vaccinations: It is the responsibility of the Client to be in possession of a valid passport, visa permits, inoculations and preventative medicines as may be required for the duration of the holiday. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of holiday on the menu.
9) Age: No unaccompanied minors (those under 18 years of age) can be accepted on holidays operated by holiday on the menu. However older teenagers may be considered provided they are accompanied by a parent or a guardian who accepts full responsibility for them. 10) Local Laws: All clients are expected to obey the laws and regulations of the countries visited and any failure to do so will relieve holiday on the menu of all obligations that they may otherwise have under these booking conditions.
11) Illness or Disability: Anyone suffering from illness of disability or undergoing treatment for any physical or medical condition must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any medication or other treatment required during the holiday. Failure to make such disclosure will constitute a breach of these booking conditions by the client.
12) If you have a Complaint: If the Client has a complaint about any of the holiday on the menu holiday arrangements, the Client must bring it to the attention of the representative of holiday on the menu at the time so that they may use their best endeavours to rectify the situation. It is only if holiday on the menu is made aware of any problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Failure to complain on the spot will result in the Client’s ability to claim compensation from holiday on the menu being nullified or at least reduced. Should the problem remain unsolved a complaint must be made in writing to holiday on the menu within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
13) Our Responsibilities: This holiday operated by holiday on the menu, being a cooking holiday, may involve an element of potential risk and exposure to hazards over and above those associated with normal ‘package’ holidays. All bookings are accepted on the understanding that such risk and hazards are appreciated by the Client and that they undertake all activities on this holiday at their own volition. Where the Client suffers death or personal injury as a result of an activity forming part of the holiday arrangements booked with holiday on the menu, holiday on the menu accepts responsibility unless there has been no fault on holiday on the menu’s part or its partners in India and the cause was the Client’s fault, the actions of someone unconnected with the holiday arrangements or one which neither holiday on the menu not its partners could have anticipated or avoided even if all due care had been exercised. holiday on the menu’s acceptance of liability to pay compensation pursuant to this clause 13 is limited, in the case of air travel, rail travel, sea travel or hotel accommodation, to the amount set out in the provisions of, respectively, the Warsaw Convention as amended by the Hague Protocol 1955, the 1961 Berne Convention, the 1974 Athens Convention and the 1962 Paris Convention. holiday on the menu’s acceptance of liability in this clause 13 is subject to assignment by the Client to holiday on the menu of the Client’s rights against any agent, partner or sub-contractor of holiday on the menu which is in any way responsible for the unsatisfactory holiday arrangements or the Client’s death or personal injury.
14) Governing Law: This contract, including all matters rising from it, is subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the
15) Your Financial Security: holiday on the menu is a member of both ABTA Reg. W4479 (Association of British Travel Agents) and ATOL Reg. 6109 (Air Tour Operator Licsence) and is fully bonded for you financial protection no matter where in the world you book your holiday.
17) Data Protection: In order to process your booking, holiday on the menu need to collect certain personal details from you. These details will usually include the names and addresses of party members, credit/debit or other payment details and special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition that may affect the holiday arrangements. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass some information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements (airlines, hotels, transport companies etc.). Such suppliers may be outside continental Europe if your holiday is to take place or involve suppliers outside these countries. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998, holiday on the menu will only deal with the personal details you give to holiday on the menu as set out above unless you agree otherwise. We may make contact with you or members of your holiday party by post, e-mail, or telephone for the purposes set out. We will also use your information to inform you of offers in the future or to send you brochures. If you do not wish to receive such approaches in the future then please let us know as soon as possible by telephone, letter or e-mail us at email@example.com. If we do contact you by e-mail about our new brochures or special offers, you will also be able to unsubscribe yourself from our database at this time. holiday on the menu will assume that you do not object to being communicated with unless you have previously opted out or contacted us. We have the appropriate security measures in place to protect your confidential information. We may provide your details to carefully selected third parties for similar purposes, if you would prefer us not to do so, please contact us by letter, telephone or e-mail. You are entitled to ask for a copy of your information. Please contact us in writing if required. holiday on the menu is part of Go Travelling Limited that is incorporated in England and Wales with limited liability. Registered Office: 50 West Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7DX, UK. Company Registration Number: 389 0079.